Meaningful Activities can:
- Create a purpose for the person doing them
- Provide positive sensory, intellectual, cognitive and social stimulation
- Enhance relationships
- Stimulate memory and use of language
- Reduce challenging behaviors associated with dementia
Our caregivers receive special training, so they are equipped to provide support that focuses on a person’s current interests, skills and abilities, rather than losses. This allows us to effectively incorporate Meaningful Activities into a daily routine.
Our caregivers use Meaningful Activities to:
- Provide creative experiences
- Enhance social connections
- Meet physical and emotional needs
- Stimulate conversations and reminiscences
- Bring joy and purpose
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (705) 302-4918 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care North Simcoe.